sUAS Remote Pilot Ground School
1. Student will describe the component parts of an aircraft and how they operate.
2. Student will explain aerodynamic principles and the forces that act on an airplane in flight.
3. Student will identify the rules and procedures required to fly in the National Air Space.
4. Student will discuss the procedures for communication with air traffic control and the information required for flight operations.
5. Student will discuss and describe weather sources and effects of weather on sUAS performance.
6. Student will describe factors that affect aircraft performance during takeoff, landings, long-range flight, and flight at different altitudes.
7. Student will describe the physiological effects of drug and alcohol on remote pilots.
8. Student will discuss maintenance and preflight inspection procedures.
9. Student will explain the FAA Part 107 certification requirements.
Basic Skill Requirements