Sentera is seeking UAS Operations Intern candidates with knowledge, experience, and interest in the fields of farming, agronomy, precision agriculture, unmanned aircraft systems, GIS, and remote sensing. Ideal candidates will look to apply these skills toward collecting and analyzing images of farm fields captured by drones and be located in U.S. Midwest.
- Collect aerial imagery and flight test using small unmanned aircraft.
- Create and follow project schedules and test plans.
- Communicate and coordinate with customers.
- Travel to farm locations for flight operations (mostly day trips).
- Process imaging sensor and flight test data.
- Write status reports and blog posts.
- Travel: Yes, not to exceed 50% overnight travel. Sentera will cover travel and accommodation expenses.
- Worksite location: Work remote in assigned project regions / states. Mostly Midwest U.S.
- FLSA and Job Status: Non-Exempt, Full-Time Seasonal/Temporary
- Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States. This position is not eligible for Visa sponsorship.
- Pursuing a college degree in a field related
- Strong computer and technical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Customer service oriented
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Takes projects through to completion
- Ability to obtain Part 107 remote pilot certificate prior to first week of employment
- Valid driver’s license
- Existing Part 107 remote pilot certificate
- Drone flying experience
- Agronomy or crop scouting experience
- Other agricultural experience
- Paid, hourly position
- Opportunity to work independently and with a team
- Part-time option available starting March 1, 2023 – May 1, 2023. Flexible on your availability.
- Full-time (40 hours/week) starting May 1, 2023 – August 31, 2023.
To apply for this internship, visit apply.workable.com.
Sentera, headquartered in Saint Paul Minnesota, delivers next-level insights in real-time with high-resolution imagery for agriscience and crop production. The future of agriculture requires that we maximize outcomes with fewer resources. Farming itself has become more technologically advanced in the last decade, and it will continue to evolve as we progress through the fourth agricultural revolution. Driven by high-resolution imagery, Sentera delivers the fastest and most reliable agronomic insights for agricultural leaders to make data-driven decisions that maximize outcomes, including quality, efficiency, and profitability.