The 2021 NSF STEM for All Video Showcase: Learning from Research and Practice, will be held online May 11 – 18, 2021. This year’s themes are: STEM for All: COVID, Equity & Social Justice featuring topics on:
- Projects or partnerships addressing broadening participation
- Impacts of COVID on STEM teaching and learning
- Design and implementation of STEM and CS programs
- Research informing STEM and CS teaching and learning
- Measuring impact of innovative programs
NCAT will be participating in the 2021 STEM for All Video Showcase highlighting the innovative steps we’ve taken to design and implement Virtual Reality into STEM activities and virtual learning. We’ve all heard or experienced “Zoom fatigue” and NCAT is taking a creative approach at giving students and educators a more engaging experience that allows them to interact and socialize as if they are attending events in-person.
ABOUT THE STEM FOR ALL VIDEO SHOWCASE
The STEM for ALL Video Showcase is an annual online event that hosts between 100-200 three-minute video presentations from federally funded projects that aim to improve STEM and Computer Science education. During the seven days of this online event, Principle Investigators, practitioners, administrators, researchers, policy makers, industry and public at large are encouraged to participate. All participants will be able to view the video presentations, post to the facilitated discussions related to each video, and vote for the videos that are most effective in conveying the creative work being done.
The STEM for All Video Showcase:
- Enables leaders of STEM education grants to learn of related work funded in different divisions at NSF, as well as other federal agencies, by sharing and discussing visual narratives of their projects.
- Provides a mechanism for projects to disseminate their work to the public at large.
- Facilitates collegial discourse between project leaders.
- Allows researchers, practitioners, policy makers, and parents to provide queries and feedback to these projects, providing new perspectives, ideas, and new contacts in the field.
Be sure to check out the STEM for All Video Showcase May 11 – 18, 2021 and vote for the video that is most effective in conveying the creative work being done!