Faculty Development Academy – Automobile Security – Car Penetration Testing
Wednesday, August 10, 2022 | 9:00AM - 6:00PM OR Friday, August 12, 2022 | 9:00AM - 6:00PM
Mall of America | 4th Floor Gameworks Classroom H
ABOUT THE EVENT
This workshop hosted by the National Cybersecurity Training & Education Center from Whatcom Community College in Bellingham, WA is an opportunity for faculty from both cyber and non-cyber fields, including Automative Technology, Information Technology, Automation and Manufacturing, and Computer Science are encouraged to attend.
Most modern vehicles connect to devices around them through Vehicle to Everything (V2X) technologies. As vehicles advance with more autonomous capabilities, digital systems, and automation, their attack surface increases exponentially, making them increasingly vulnerable to cyber attacks. Automobile hacking is a fascinating area of penetration testing and hacking.
This one-day academy will expand faculty knowledge and the ability to incorporate new cybersecurity content in existing classes. The academy incorporates demonstration and hands-on instruction, emphasizing participants' ability to re-create workshop conditions in their classroom.
1. Describe the common vulnerabilities associated with vehicles and autonomous systems.
2. Describe potential impacts of vulnerabilities associated with vehicles and autonomous systems.
3. Describe the communication media used to control vehicles and autonomous systems.
4. Demonstrate the use of vehicles and autonomous vehicle control applications and simulators.
5. Demonstrate attacking vehicles and autonomous systems.
6. Identify types of security measures that work best in automated systems.
This Academy will be available on August 10 or August 12.
This is an opportunity for faculty from both cyber and non-cyber fields, including Automative Technology, Information Technology, Automation and Manufacturing, and Computer Science are encouraged to attend.
Pre-registration is required for this FREE workshop. Spots still available please email NCAT@northlandcollege.edu